To make sure your insurance is in place when you arrive at Nebraska Medicine, call our insurance verification team. The insurance specialists will make sure insurance is listed on your account and benefits are properly coordinated so the claims procedure goes smoothly.
Assurance of pre-certification and pre-authorization of procedures is carried out in partnership with the patient and his or her doctor.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
When calling Insurance Verification for assistance please have the following information available:
- Patient name
- Medical record number (if available)
- Name and type of insurance - which should be listed on your card
- Date of service (if applicable)
- If you happen to know this, it's helpful: Procedure or diagnosis or the official insurance code of the procedure
- Insurance codes are either called the CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) or the 10th version of the ICD-10 (International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems)
- Your doctor's name
Yes, you should always have your current insurance card when receiving medical treatment.
We have found that requesting your insurance information each time you register is the best way to ensure an accurate billing of your insurance company. Once this information is entered into our system, the billing is automatically sent electronically (paperless) to your insurance company. We must send accurate and updated information to avoid rejections or long delays in payment. Once your insurance company has processed your claim, a bill will be sent to you for any portion of the account balance that is your responsibility.