Updated visitor policy
To protect our patients, staff and community from the risks associated with COVID-19, as of Friday, March 27, Nebraska Medicine will no longer allow visitors in our hospitals or clinics.
We understand this change may make your stay or appointment with us more difficult. However, we believe this decision is necessary given the current extraordinary circumstances.
There are some exceptions to this policy:
- Pediatric patients may have two healthy parents, or designated adult visitors, one at a time
- Labor and delivery patients may have one healthy visitor and beginning Monday, June 1, certified doulas may attend births at Nebraska Medical Center. One doula will be allowed for each patient, and the following criteria must also be met:
- Doulas must be screened upon entry. They may not enter if they exhibit any physical symptoms of COVID-19
- They must present their certification upon entering
- They must wear a mask
- They are allowed for the delivery and immediate post-partum period only
If you have an upcoming appointment, please keep in mind, only patients will be allowed inside. We ask that friends or family members wait in the car.
On behalf of everyone at Nebraska Medicine and UNMC, we thank you for your patience and understanding. We also ask for your help. Please ask your family and friends to follow these rules during this pandemic period. Together, we can lessen the impact of this virus on our community, and hopefully return to normal soon. In the meantime, if you have additional questions, please feel free to ask your nurse, physician or any member of your care team.
At Nebraska Medicine, a dedicated team of professionals are committed to providing you with the highest quality of care. This team includes physicians, residents, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, social workers, chaplains, students, patient relations representatives, volunteers, and support staff. Each team member knows how important it is to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
You’re invited to review the website to learn more about what you can expect to find at Nebraska Medicine as a patient and a visitor.
Sign Up For Our Patient Portal - One Chart | Patient
One of the fastest and easiest ways for patients to connect with us is through our patient portal.
One Chart | Patient provides you secure, online access to your health information anytime, anywhere – not just during office hours.
- Schedule or cancel your next appointment
- View and pay your bill online
- Message your health care team
- Pre-register for procedures
- Update your contact and insurance information
- Download the Nebraska Medicine app in the App Store or in Google Play.
Already have an account? Sign in