Nebraska Medicine has three, convenient outpatient pharmacy locations that offer retail, specialty and bedside discharge services. Our pharmacy staff does more than just fill your medications, we also work closely with your health care providers to improve care coordination and medication safety.
The benefits of using Nebraska Medicine Outpatient Pharmacies for your medication needs:
- We offer free home delivery services
- You can order refills, schedule reminders and receive prescription status notifications online and via a smart phone application
- We offer a 90 day supply, if insurance allows. Ask about it at any of the locations listed below
- We have multiple financial assistance options available
- We offer medication therapy management
- We can administer the following vaccinations: Flu, Hepatitis (A and B), Hib, HPV, Japanese Encephalitis, Meningitis, Pertussis, Pneumonia, Polio, Rabies, Shingles, Tdap, Tetanus and Typhoid
Outpatient pharmacy locations:
Located at Medical Office Building, suite 100
2510 Bellevue Medical Center Drive
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Bellevue Medical Center Pharmacy Website
Located at Nebraska Medical Center, Durham Outpatient Center, level two
4400 Emile Street
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Durham Outpatient Center Pharmacy Website
Located at Nebraska Medical Center, Lauritzen Outpatient Center, level one
4014 Leavenworth Street
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Lauritzen Outpatient Center Pharmacy Website
To order refills from your smart phone, download our My Community Pharmacy app:
Specialty Pharmacy Services
The Specialty Pharmacy is located in the outpatient pharmacy in the Durham Outpatient Center and provides comprehensive services for filling specialty medications for complex medication therapies that require additional monitoring by a pharmacist.
Benefits of using our specialty pharmacy:
- Coordination and regular communication of care with your health care providers
- Completion of prior authorization with your insurance company
- Assistance finding help for high copays
- Patient Training, education and counseling
- Compliance monitoring and refill reminders
- Free delivery of medications
The Specialty Pharmacy can be reached by calling 402.559.2484 or 855.299.9283.
Medication delivery to bedside
Bedside delivery of prescriptions is offered to inpatients who are interested in the service. The team works with the inpatient care team to deliver discharge medication to the bedside before patients go home.
Medication take-back box in our outpatient pharmacies
Our Bellevue and Durham Outpatient Center pharmacies are pleased to offer a drop-off site for unneeded, unwanted or expired medications. Any medication, including controlled substances and those in liquid form, can be dropped into the box. It’s a service to our patients to provide a way to properly and safely dispose of medications. The blue, steel receptacles are available in the waiting areas of the pharmacy. We also provide this service at the University Health Center in Lincoln.
Remote pharmaceutical care
A program developed by Nebraska Medicine that enhances health care in some of the area's smallest hospitals.
Pharmacy residency programs
We are committed to the provision of outstanding postgraduate residency training. Since our first graduating class in 1974 we continue the tradition of having one of the most established Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) pharmacy residency program in the country, and the privilege of training the next generation of leaders. We offer an array of experiences designed to prepare individuals for differentiated roles in pharmacy practice. In addition to our ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency, we offer ASHP-accredited Postgraduate Year Two (PGY2) residencies in Oncology and Critical Care and ASHP-candidate status PGY2 residencies in Solid Organ Transplantation and Emergency Medicine.