...or call Volunteer Services at 402.559.4197.
You are invited to join our dynamic volunteer program
The mission of Volunteer Services is to provide meaningful service opportunities and recognition for volunteers in support of the Nebraska Medicine mission of Serious Medicine, Extraordinary Care.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at Nebraska Medicine.
You can start the process by calling Volunteer Services at 402.559.4197 or fill out this form.
Whether you are volunteering to explore career interests, offer service to the community, use professional skills, expand your circle of acquaintances and friends, or to make a difference in the lives of others, volunteerism greatly benefits Nebraska Medicine.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- Make an initial six-month commitment to volunteer
- Volunteer a minimum of two to four hours each week
- Complete New Volunteer Orientation
A little time. A big difference.
Nebraska Medicine relies on its volunteers and the compassionate and conscientious service they provide to patients, visitors and staff. There's something for everyone. As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to provide comfort, care and support to patients by working beside our staff and team members to ensure our patients receive the best care. There's something for everyone.
- Make a difference
- Gain valuable experience
- Uncover hidden potential
- Meet new people
- Support the mission of one of the region's leading medical centers
- Have fun
- Free flu shots
- Discounted blood panel during birthday month
- 20 percent discount on non-prescription medications
- Student Life Center gym membership discount
- Gift shop discount
- Free uniform and volunteer ID
Our hundreds of volunteers are committed to serving the patients, families, visitors and staff of Nebraska Medicine by providing essential non-medical support in more than 40 service areas.
If you would like more information on our program, you may contact us online or call Volunteer Services at 402.559.4197.