On behalf of Nebraska Medicine, in partnership with the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC), I would like to thank you for your interest in our programs. We are committed to the provision of outstanding postgraduate residency training. Since our first graduating class in 1974, we continue the tradition of having one of the most well established pharmacy residency programs in the country and the privilege of training the next generation of leaders. We offer an array of experiences designed to prepare you for your future career as a pharmacist. In addition to our ASHP-accredited Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) pharmacy residency, we offer ASHP-accredited Postgraduate Year Two (PGY2) residencies in Oncology, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine and Solid Organ Transplantation. We are excited to announce the initiation of two new PGY2 residency programs (ASHP pre-candidate status) in Infectious Disease and Ambulatory Care set to begin in July of 2019.
It is an honor for the PGY1 program to have been the recipient of the 2016 ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Residency Excellence Award and is testimony to the outstanding commitment of residents, program directors, preceptors, technicians, students, nurses, providers, and pharmacy leadership at Nebraska Medicine. We remain committed to making each resident’s experience second to none and one of the most memorable times of their lives.
The primary focus of the residency program will be the development of a variety of practice skills. Residents will participate in ongoing clinical and educational activities designed to further strengthen and enhance skills in the areas of patient care, research, teaching and leadership. The program can be tailored to meet your professional and personal interests.
There are many residency choices available and I am confident that you will find the experience as a resident in any of our programs very memorable. The time, talent, and commitment invested now will pave the way for a successful and rewarding career. You have our unwavering commitment to help you reach your highest potential. Please contact either myself, any of our PGY2 program directors, or our current and past residents if you would like to know more about the residency experience at Nebraska Medicine.
Patrick D. Fuller, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP
Pharmacy Staff Development Coordinator
PGY1 Residency Program Director
Adjunct Associate Professor, UNMC College of Pharmacy
981090 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-1090
- Recipient of the 2016 ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Residency Excellence Award
- Why should I complete my residency at Nebraska Medicine?
- Current Residency Class
- Former Residency Classes
- Pharmacy Residency Program Directors
- Pharmacy Residency Preceptors
- Preceptor Involvement and Engagement
- Annual Pharmacy Residency Fall Retreat
- What are the strengths of the in-house On-Call program?
- Postgraduate Year One (PGY1)
- Postgraduate Year Two (PGY2) Critical Care
- Postgraduate Year Two (PGY2) Emergency Medicine
- Postgraduate Year Two (PGY2) Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Residency
- Postgraduate Year Two (PGY2) Oncology
- Postgraduate Year Two (PGY2) Solid Organ Transplant
- Qualifications of Foreign Applicants and VISA Sponsorship
- About Nebraska Medicine
- About Omaha