On behalf of Nebraska Medicine, in partnership with the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC), I would like to thank you for your interest in our pharmacy residency programs. We are proud of our long-standing tradition of training residents as future leaders in our profession. Our residency “family” began in 1974 with the graduation of two residents. Since that time, over 340 resident graduates have contributed to the pharmacy department’s mission of leading the world in the safe use of pharmaceutical and nutritional therapies.
We are passionate about the future of pharmacy and offer an array of experiences that will enable you to provide “Serious Medicine, Extraordinary Care” to our patients. The postgraduate year one (PGY1) and postgraduate year two (PGY2) residency programs in Oncology, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Solid Organ Transplantation and Infectious Diseases are accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Our newest PGY2 programs include Ambulatory Care (candidate status with ASHP) and Cardiology (pre-candidate status with ASHP).
The PGY1 program was the recipient of the 2016 ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Residency Excellence Program Award. This prestigious award is testimony to the dedication of residents, program directors, preceptors, technicians, students, nurses, providers and pharmacy leadership in the provision of a positive, challenging and rewarding training experience.
As a future resident in one of our programs, we strive to make your experience second to none! You have our commitment to support, encourage and challenge you to grow and develop into the practitioner that you aspire to become. We look forward to the opportunity of learning more about you and your interest areas. If you would like to learn more about us, please contact either myself, one of our PGY2 program directors or our current and past residents. There is no place like Nebraska Medicine!
Patrick D. Fuller, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP
Inpatient Pharmacy Clinical Supervisor
PGY1 Residency Program Director
Adjunct Associate Professor, UNMC College of Pharmacy
981090 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-1090
Email Patrick Fuller
- Recipient of the 2016 ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Residency Excellence Award
- Why should I complete my residency at Nebraska Medicine?
- Current residency class
- Chief resident
- Pharmacy residency program graduates
- Pharmacy residency program directors
- Preceptor of the year
- Pharmacy residency preceptors
- Preceptor involvement and engagement
- Annual pharmacy residency fall retreat
- What are the strengths of the in-house on-call program?
- Postgraduate year one (PGY1)
- Postgraduate year two (PGY2) Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency
- Postgraduate year two (PGY2) Critical Care
- Postgraduate year two (PGY2) Emergency Medicine
- Postgraduate year two (PGY2) Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Residency
- Postgraduate year two (PGY2) Oncology
- Postgraduate year two (PGY2) Solid Organ Transplant
- Qualifications of foreign applicants and VISA sponsorship
- About Nebraska Medicine
- About Omaha