The Preceptor of the Year Award is selected by each residency class in recognition of a preceptor's commitment to excellence in the education and training of pharmacy residents. Each preceptor of the year upholds the highest standards at Nebraska Medicine, while continuously demonstrating ITEACH values of innovation, teamwork, excellence, accountability, courage and healing.
It is with gratitude we honor the following current and past preceptors of the year.
Current Preceptor of the Year
2021: Jared Matya, PharmD, BCOP
"Jared was a phenomenal preceptor during my adult stem cell transplant rotation. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable about his patients, but he truly cares for and wants the best for them. Through counseling patients on the chemotherapy they are about to receive, to providing them with a med-action plan before they are discharged from the hospital, his ability to have a conversation with and develop patient-provider relationships is inspiring. It was evident through working with him that he has a passion for what he does. He sets high expectations for residents but is understanding of the learning curve that is involved with this patient population and takes time out of his busy schedule to ensure that we understand the basic concepts."
(Anonymous resident nomination comments)
Past Preceptors of the Year
- 2020: Macey Wolfe, PharmD, BCCCP
- 2019: Emily Kathol, PharmD, BCOP
- 2018: Lauren Bodhaine-Haywood, PharmD, BCPS
- 2017: Lori Peters, PharmD
- 2016: Brian Trevarrow, PharmD, BCPS
- 2015: Rebecca Sedlak, PharmD, BCCCP
- 2014: Megan Keck, PharmD, BCPS
- 2013: Susanne Liewer, PharmD, BCOP
- 2012: Greg Peitz, PharmD, BCCCP
- 2011: Megan Keck, PharmD, BCPS
- 2010: Steve Nissen, PharmD, BCPS
- 2009: Elizabeth Hermsen, PharmD, MBA, BCPS