Hello! We hope you and your families are doing well. We have included important information for all prospective PGY1 and PGY2 residency applicants. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to email the PGY1 residency program director, Dr. Patrick Fuller or PGY2 residency program directors, assistant program directors and residents in your area(s) of interest.
Getting to Know Nebraska Medicine
To get to know more about Nebraska Medicine, in partnership with the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) we have included a video from the Graduate Medical Education office that will give you a nice overview of our campus, hospital and Omaha from the medical house officer and student perspective.
PGY1 Residency “Getting to Know Us” Informational Sessions (November)
- We want to provide a more personalized venue for you to learn more about us, therefore we are hosting our own virtual informational sessions and would enjoy meeting you!
- Session times each evening on November 6, 8 and 9 (Central Time Zone) are:
- 4:45 to 5:30 p.m.
- 5:30 to 6:15 p.m.
- 6:30 to 7:15 p.m.
- 7:15 to 8 p.m.
- Each session will have a limited number of participants
- Please sign up for one session by clicking on the link and selecting the date/time that works best for you
- Click here to sign up for a Getting to Know Us session
- Registration is FREE!
- A Zoom invitation will be sent to your email about two weeks prior to the virtual session
PGY2 Residency “Getting to Know Us” Informational Sessions
ASHP Midyear Residency Showcase and Interview Updates
• We will be attending the ASHP Midyear Residency Showcase
• Our showcase booth is #6346 on Tuesday, December 5, 2023, from 1 to 4 p.m.
• We are planning in-person interviews to be conducted in January and February
Salary and Benefits
- PGY1 salary: $51,345
- PGY2 salary: $52,885
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life, accident and disability insurance
- 12 days of Paid Time Off
- Wellness program
- Financial support to attend professional meetings
PGY1 and PGY2 Application Information
- Applicants shall be graduates or candidates for graduation from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited Doctor of Pharmacy degree program (or one in the process of pursuing accreditation)
- PGY2 applicants must be completing or have completed an ASHP-accredited or candidate status PGY1 pharmacy residency program
- Applicants must be licensed or will be eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the state of Nebraska by the start of the residency program
- Applicants shall participate and adhere to all rules of the ASHP Pharmacy Resident Matching Program
- Applicants are required to apply through PhORCAS by the deadline in PhORCAS for each residency program
- After receipt of all application materials, applications will be reviewed and a select number of applicants will be contacted in early January to schedule interviews
Required PGY1 and PGY2 Application Materials
- Letter of Intent
- Maximum 1.5 pages, 12 point font, 0.8 inch margins
- Please address the following three questions in your letter of intent:
- Why are you choosing to complete a pharmacy residency as it relates to your career goals?
- Why would you like to pursue a residency at Nebraska Medicine?
- Describe one situation in which you influenced a patient’s medication therapy
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. PhORCAS Standardized References
- Three standard references are required through PhORCAS
- Two of the references must be from clinical preceptors who can attest to your abilities as a pharmacy professional, commenting on your character, personality, dependability, professionalism and clinical abilities
4. Pharmacy School Transcripts
- Please submit through PhORCAS
The applicant applying through the Pharmacy Online Residency Application Service (PhORCAS) acknowledges and agrees to the following:
I certify that the information contained in the PhORCAS application is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any omission of facts or misrepresentation is cause for denial of employment and/or dismissal (if hired) regardless of when discovered.
I recognize and agree that any offer of employment to me by The Nebraska Medical Center (herein after referred to as "Nebraska Medicine") is conditioned upon Nebraska Medicine completing a successful reference and background check, and other post-offer assessments. Those assessments may include drug and alcohol screening. I understand that a positive screening for drugs or alcohol may result in rescission of my offer of employment.
I also understand that the background check conducted by Nebraska Medicine may include contacting references and a review of my criminal record. I hereby authorize Nebraska Medicine to obtain and rely upon a criminal background check and reference checks in considering me for employment. I understand these reports and/or checks may be obtained by Nebraska Medicine through a third party vendor, contractor or agency.
If I have been convicted of a crime, Nebraska Medicine may obtain additional details related to my conviction to determine its relationship to the position for which I have been extended a conditional offer of employment. I understand that a criminal conviction will not necessarily disqualify me from employment, and that Nebraska Medicine will consider other factors such as the recency, severity, and pertinence of any conviction to the job for which I have been extended a conditional offer of employment. I also understand that I am not obligated to disclose to Nebraska Medicine the existence of or any information regarding my own sealed juvenile record, which includes records of: an arrest, being taken into custody, a criminal complaint, disposition of a case, diversion or adjudication of a criminal charge, or a sentence following conviction.
I further authorize any person, educational institution, current or former employer or company to disclose to Nebraska Medicine or its agents, in good faith, any information they may have regarding my qualification and fitness for employment, including but not limited to verification of any statements I may have made in my application.
If I am employed by Nebraska Medicine I agree to comply with its rules, regulations and policies, as they may be enacted or amended from time to time. If I am employed by Nebraska Medicine, I understand that my employment will be at-will and subject to termination by me or Nebraska Medicine with or without cause at any time. Nothing contained in any application, offer or policy shall be interpreted to be in conflict with, or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Nebraska Medicine employees.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to administer all terms and conditions of employment on the basis of merit and the qualifications of each individual. Nebraska Medicine will not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who believe they are in need of a reasonable accommodation during the hiring process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Services Center at 402-552-6947.