Nebraska Medicine is the research, education, and clinical partner of the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC), which includes six colleges in the health sciences and an enrollment of more than 4,000 students. Together, their mission is to lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
People come from around the country and the world for the unique expertise available from Nebraska Medicine. A pioneer in many firsts in Nebraska, experts have built an international reputation for breakthroughs in cancer care, organ transplantation, and treatment of infectious diseases, including antimicrobial stewardship and biocontainment.
The two hospitals, Nebraska Medical Center and Bellevue Medical Center, have earned many certifications to deliver on the promise of “Serious Medicine, Extraordinary Care.”
Nebraska Medical Center is the state’s largest hospital and for several consecutive years has been awarded best in state by U.S. News & World Report. It is listed as one of the 100 greatest hospitals in America by Becker's Hospital Review and included in Forbes as one of the best employers in the state. Nebraska Medicine has also been recognized by the Human Right's Campaign as a "LGBTQ Health Care Equality Leader."
- Patients are seen by Nebraska Medicine specialists from all 50 states and from 47 countries
- Region's only 24/7 trauma center providing comprehensive care for adults and children
- Regional leader in cardiovascular and neurosciences
- International reputation in oncology, transplant and biocontainment
- $2.1 billion Academic Health System
- 9,600 employees
- More than 1,400 affiliated physicians
- Primary clinical partner of University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Two hospitals, anchored by tertiary/quaternary academic medical center, Nebraska Medical Center
- 70 specialty and primary care clinics, with 50 specialties and subspecialties
- 810 licensed beds in Omaha and Bellevue
- Approximately 40,000 discharges annually
- Approximately 1 million outpatient visits (primary and specialty) annually
- Approximately 92,000 emergency room visits
- 115,000 virtual visits