Nebraska Medicine's Accreditations, Awards and Distinctions
Nebraska Medicine is the most esteemed academic medical center in the region offering exceptional patient care combined with innovative research and education. As the teaching hospital for UNMC, our patients benefit from one of the nation’s leaders in and cutting edge research and education. We are a leader in oncology, cardiology and neurology services and have an international reputation for providing solid organ and bone marrow transplantation services.
- Nebraska Medicine has been recognized for its high level of quality and safety by Vizient, Inc., (formerly known as University Health System Consortium or UHC) as a recipient of the 2016 Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD Quality Leadership Award. Vizient is the largest member-driven health care performance improvement company in the country. The award recognizes Nebraska Medicine's performance among more than 100 academic medical centers participating in Vizient’s Quality and Accountability Study. Nebraska Medicine was ranked 10th among 13 medical center recognized and is the only health system in the region to earn this recognition.
- Nebraska Medicine is ranked among the nation’s best. Each year, U.S. News and World Report surveys the nation’s roughly 5,000 hospitals to come up with the year’s list of Best Hospitals. Just 3 percent of the hospitals analyzed for Best Hospitals earn national ranking in even one specialty. Nebraska Medicine has been recognized as the top-rated hospital in Nebraska for five consecutive years. Many of our specialty areas have also been individually recognized by U.S News and World Report.
- For thirteen consecutive years Nebraska Medicine has been named the National Consumer Choice Award winner as a result of a large consumer study conducted by The National Research Corporation (NRC). The goal of the survey is to determine the best quality health care service in the region.
- Becker’s Hospital Review named Nebraska Medicine as one of the 100 Best Hospitals in America in 2016, 2015 and 2014.Becker’s Hospital Review named Nebraska Medicine to the 2016 edition of its list, “100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Heart Programs."
- Nebraska Medicine has achieved Magnet designation for the second time from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet designation is given to organizations that demonstrate successful nursing practices and strategies. In order to meet Magnet criteria, Nebraska Medicine had to demonstrate quality patient care, nursing excellence and the implementation of best practices.
- Nebraska Medicine received the 2017 America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience by the Women’s Choice Award. The Women’s Choice Award is a symbol of excellence in patient experience awarded by the collective voice of women.