Please Contact Us When You Need to:
- Transfer a patient from your emergency department to Nebraska Medicine for an inpatient stay
- Transfer a patient from your hospital inpatient bed to Nebraska Medicine inpatient bed
The Patient Placement Unit Staff Will:
- Triage your call to the appropriate physician by asking you the following questions:
- Would you like to transfer to a specific physician or service?
- Would you prefer an academic or private physician group?
- Complete the details necessary for admission
- Coordinate& expedite nursing unit and bed arrangements for the patient
- Partner with you to gather necessary paperwork to complete the transfer process
- Contact you when a bed has been assigned
- Partner with the transport service to provide support & guidance en route to Nebraska Medicine
To Request the Transfer of a Patient to Nebraska Medicine
To Transfer an Acute STEMI Patient
To Transfer an Acute Stroke Patient
Call 800.258.0029 and ask to speak to the Acute Stroke Team attending on call
Access the assessment and documentation forms
To Request a Maternal Consultation or Transport
To Request a Neonatal Consultation or Transport
- The perinatal obstetricians at Nebraska Medicine collaborate with physician throughout the area to help manage a variety of high risk conditions including premature labor, premature rupture of membranes and all other maternal high risk conditions.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit offers state-of-the-art technology including procedure rooms for on-site surgery and extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- In consultation with a neonatologist, babies are transported by helicopter or ambulance in partnership with LifeNet. The transport team includes registered nurses specifically trained in stabilization and transport and are certified in S.T.A.B.L.E® and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
To Request the Transfer of an Adult or Pediatric Trauma Patient
- Call 402.559.6637
To Request the Transfer of a Transplant Patient
For a Physician to Physician Consultation
Please call the Medical Call Center when you would like to consult with one of our physicians.
- Call 877.647.7497
The Medical Call Center:
- Provides 24-hour physician consultation service
- Will ask a series of brief questions to expedite transfer to the appropriate physician / practice group
To Refer a Patient to a Specialist for Outpatient Consultation