The Patient Placement Unit will facilitate all patient transfer requests to Nebraska Medicine.
Please Contact Us When You Need to:
- Transfer a patient from your emergency department to Nebraska Medicine for an inpatient stay
- Transfer a patient from your hospital inpatient bed to Nebraska Medicine inpatient bed
The Patient Placement Unit Staff Will:
- Triage your call to the appropriate physician by asking you the following questions:
- Would you like to transfer to a specific physician or service?
- Would you prefer an academic or private physician group?
- Complete the details necessary for admission
- Coordinate& expedite nursing unit and bed arrangements for the patient
- Partner with you to gather necessary paperwork to complete the transfer process
- Contact you when a bed has been assigned
- Partner with the transport service to provide support & guidance en route to Nebraska Medicine
Our Goals Are:
- To provide comprehensive service for physicians wishing to transfer a patient to Nebraska Medicine
- To use a multidisciplinary approach to quickly evaluate transfers
- To expedite appropriate patient transfers
To Request the Transfer of a Patient to Nebraska Medicine
- Call 800-258-0029
- Download the Patient Transfer Document
To Transfer an Acute Stroke Patient
Call 800-258-0029 and ask to speak to the Acute Stroke Team attending on call
Access the assessment and documentation forms
For a Physician to Physician Consultation
Please call the Medical Call Center when you would like to consult with one of our physicians. Call 877-647-7497.
The Medical Call Center:
- Provides 24-hour physician consultation service
- Will ask a series of brief questions to expedite transfer to the appropriate physician / practice group
To Request the Transfer of an Adult or Pediatric Trauma Patient
- Call 402-559-6637
To Request the Transfer of a Transplant Patient
To Refer a Patient to a Specialist
To Request a Maternal Consultation or Transport
To Request a Neonatal Consultation or Transport
- The perinatal obstetricians at Nebraska Medicine collaborate with physician throughout the area to help manage a variety of high risk conditions including premature labor, premature rupture of membranes and all other maternal high risk conditions.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit offers state-of-the-art technology including procedure rooms for on-site surgery and extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- In consultation with a neonatologist, babies are transported by helicopter or ambulance in partnership with LifeNet. The transport team includes registered nurses specifically trained in stabilization and transport and are certified in S.T.A.B.L.E® and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).