Are you suffering from kidney stones or repeated urinary tract infections?
Are you seeking a vasectomy or testosterone replacement therapy?
Whatever the urologic condition you are seeking treatment for, we are here to help.
At Nebraska Medicine, you'll find the latest treatments provided by leading experts in the field of urology.
Why Nebraska Medicine?
As a nationally recognized hospital, adults and children come to us from all over Nebraska and across the region for urologic conditions, including:
- Overactive bladder, urinary incontinence, hematuria (blood in the urine), interstitial cystitis and urinary tract infection
- Prostate conditions and diseases including benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and prostatitis
- Kidney conditions and diseases including hematuria and kidney stones
- Adrenal, bladder, kidney, prostate, testicular, urethral/penile cancers, and ureteral (upper tract) tumors
- Men's Health conditions: testosterone therapy, male infertility and vasectomies.
The Division of Urologic Surgery is composed of four full-time faculty members and 11 community partner members who specialize in all areas of urology including, cancer, kidney stones, urinary issues, vasectomies, and vasectomy reversals. We have several fellowship trained surgeons as well as the states only fellowship trained andrology/male infertility expert. We offer a broad spectrum of treatments with many being minimally invasive procedures.
Clinical Trials for Urologic Conditions
Clinical trial participants are vital to the advancement of medicine and the future of clinical care. As a participant, you may or may not benefit directly from your participation, but involvement is imperative in understanding how to improve care for future patients. Here are some currently running for example, for prostate cancer.
If you are interested in learning more about clinical trials at UNMC, you can:
- Search the UNMC clinical trials database
- Call 402-559-4292 for more information
Accreditations and Awards
Highly Ranked Care
Nebraska Medicine is ranked among the nation’s best. Each year, U.S. News and World Report surveys the nation’s roughly 5,000 hospitals to come up with the year’s list of Best Hospitals. Just 3 percent of the hospitals analyzed for Best Hospitals earn national ranking in even one specialty.
We were ranked nationally in urology in the 2014 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals ranking and recognized as a high-performing hospital in urology in the 2011, 2012 and 2013 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals ranking.