Heart Transplant Patient Education from Nebraska Medicine
We continue to update information and provide additional resources as they come available. If the following resources do not answer your questions, please contact your transplant coordinator or call 800.974.3278. You may download and print the following pages for quick and easy access to information regarding your heart transplant.
- Welcome Letter
- What to Expect after Surgery
- What is Rejection?
- Medications after Transplant
- Avoiding Infections
- Nutrition after Transplant
- Controlling your Blood Sugar
- Biopsies, Lab Work and Testing
- Starting your Exercise Program
- When to Call: Signs & Symptoms
- Living with a New Heart
- Glossary and Resources