The HIV Program Client Services Team (CST) provides brief intervention and support for patients. They are here to help reduce barriers you may face getting into care, staying in care, taking your medications and coping with chronic illness.
The CST works closely with your medical provider(s), pharmacist and nurse to address your individual needs. You may meet with them to see if they can help you with anything related to your overall health. They will ask you some questions and, based on your individual needs, they will assist with:
- Referrals to other medical services and non-medical services
- Adherence counseling and risk-reduction counseling
- Eligibility assessment and enrollment assistance for insurance and benefit programs
- Achieving other medical and non-medical goals
One of the most significant barriers to care are transitions or gaps in insurance and benefits coverage. The CST is here to help you navigate and enroll in assistance programs, benefits and insurance programs for which you may be eligible, including:
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)
- Nebraska Health Insurance Program (HIP)
- Ryan White assistance
- Patient assistance programs
- Social security disability claims and other benefits
As part of the federal Ryan White program, the HIV Program will ensure that you have access to care regardless of income or insurance status. You will never be denied care in our clinic due to an inability to pay.
For those who might benefit from more support, the CST can also provide medical transportation assistance and link you to other additional support services available through the Ryan White programs.