Our Heart Failure Optimization Clinic is designed to help patients with heart failure live longer.
The clinic features a multidisciplinary team of heart failure providers, pharmacists, nutritionists and nurses.
This new approach follows guideline directed medical therapy developed by the American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association and Heart Failure Society of America.
- This is a 12-week clinic. It includes six visits with a heart failure nurse practitioner or physician assistant
- The goal is to get you feeling better by improving your heart function and exercise tolerance
- You will continue with your primary care doctor for ongoing care
How you can help with your success:
- Engage with providers and have a desire to feel better
- Commit to attending five or six appointments
- Follow recommendations made by the heart failure team to make your heart stronger
- Adopt healthy eating habits
- Stop ALL smoking and recreational drug use
- Ask questions
Our commitment to you:
- Provide access to specialized heart failure providers that you will see every two to three weeks
- Individualized care with pharmacists so you understand your medications and get questions answered
- Individualized sessions with nutrition specialists to help with sodium restriction and a heart-healthy diet
- Discussion with experts for individualized exercise goals. Answer questions about activity level and exercise recommendations
- Adjust medications specifically for you