Comprehensive and specialized care for children and adults
Our allergy and immunology team offers comprehensive environmental, food and drug allergy testing. We also offer specialized diagnostic and medical therapies for asthma, asthma variant disorders, vocal cord dysfunction and allergic skin diseases.
Why you should choose Nebraska Medicine
Specialized testing, treatments and therapies by allergists
Nebraska Medicine allergists are board certified in evaluation and treatment of seasonal and year-round allergies. Our doctors can perform tests to identify environmental triggers for your allergies and offer directed medical therapies including allergy immunotherapy, or allergy shots.
Allergy immunotherapy reduces your body’s reaction toward environmental allergens and in turn, improves allergy and asthma symptoms. In addition to standardized allergy and asthma testing and treatment, our allergists also use specialized testing for vocal cord dysfunction, drug allergies, allergic skin diseases and immune system functioning.
Our immunologists also use specialized testing for asthma, vocal cord dysfunction and drug allergies. Targeted therapies that we offer include:
- anti-IgE monoclonal antibody therapy (omalizumb) for asthma and chronic hives
- anti-IL-5 treatment for specific asthma and sinus patients
- a two-day outpatient procedure for aspirin/NSAID associated sinus and asthma allergy
- specialized rhinolaryngoscopy procedure for vocal cord dysfunction
- specialized exercise and methacholine testing for asthma disorders
- penicillin and amoxicillin specific drug allergy testing
- food allergy testing, elimination diet counseling, and food challenges in the office
- comprehensive patch testing for allergic skin disease
- a unique approach to tackling vocal cord dysfunction involving coordination between a team of doctors and nurses and other medical specialists from several departments.
Specialized testing, treatments and therapies by otolaryngologists
Nebraska Medicine otolaryngologists, also known as Ear, Nose and Throat specialists, are an experienced resource for those suffering from seasonal or year-round allergies involving the ear, nose and throat. When over-the-counter medications fail to offer relief or if your symptoms begin to interfere with work, school or sleep, it’s time to get help. Our providers can perform tests to identify your allergy and offer treatments, including oral antihistamines, nasal sprays, steroid injections, sublingual immunotherapy, tablets or allergy shots.
Sublingual immunotherapy and tablets are forms of immunotherapy that can be administered at home. Immunotherapy works by desensitizing your body to your allergy triggers so that you will be less dependent on medications.
Breadth of expertise
Many allergies are intertwined with other health issues. Our allergy and immunology team works seamlessly with specialists throughout the network to provide you with comprehensive and expert care.
Accreditations and Awards
Highly ranked care
Nebraska Medicine is ranked among the nation’s best. Each year, U.S. News & World Report surveys the nation’s roughly 5,000 hospitals to come up with the year’s list of Best Hospitals.
Just 3% of the hospitals analyzed for Best Hospitals earn national ranking in even one specialty. We were ranked nationally in ENT in the 2017 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals ranking and recognized as a high-performing hospital in ENT in the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.