Early Pregnancy Assessment Clinic (EPAC) focuses on providing care for all pregnant patients in the first trimester (fewer than 13 weeks) with pain, bleeding, or questions of pregnancy viability. Patients with a viable pregnancy will return to their primary obstetric provider, or referral for prenatal care is available.
Our goal is to improve patient access to care that is sensitive to their needs by providing:
- Urgent gynecologic consult for pregnancy of uncertain location or viability
- On-site ultrasound and lab assessment
- Management of miscarriage
- Medication treatment and follow-up
- Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA or D&C) in the office or operating room
- Grief and loss counseling
- Testing after multiple miscarriages
- Contraception following pregnancy loss
Urgent appointments are available usually within 48 hours. These appointments may include blood work, ultrasound, nurse visit, and provider counsel.