Once a written referral is received, we will make sure insurance coverage is in place. You will then receive information regarding whether you have to pay anything, or if your insurance will cover it all. We can also connect you with one of our financial counselors prior to enrolling if that would be helpful to you.
The office assistant will contact you to schedule the initial orientation session, discuss class times and pre-register you for the program.
Here are some additional details and instructions to follow:
- Please allow 2½ hours to complete your orientation to our program
- On the day of your orientation, please follow these instructions:
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes (Please do not wear sandals)
- Take your medications as scheduled
- Drink little or no caffeine
- Eat breakfast
- A questionnaire and pre-test will be given to you to take home and complete. You will be asked to bring the completed forms to your first exercise session
- Please bring the following items to your first appointment:
- All of your medications (you will only need to bring these the first time)
- A list of your medications (your nurse will keep this list in your file)
What to Expect During Your First Outpatient Cardiac Rehab Visit:
- An evaluation by a cardiac rehabilitation registered nurse case manager or cardiac rehabilitation exercise physiologist
- A thorough history and physical
- A tour of the facility
- A demonstration on how to apply the heart monitor
- Diabetic testing (if needed)
- An exercise evaluation
- A demonstration on exercise equipment use
We look forward to working with you and are excited about your decision to attend Nebraska Medicine Cardiac Rehab Program!
Please review the map and directions which will direct you to our facility.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our office at 402.552.2936.