Many devices are available to help people with low vision function better. Our team will prescribe devices to help you meet your goals, whether it’s seeing objects at a distance, reading, watching television or writing.
We’ll train you in how to use the devices and we’ll even let you borrow some of the devices and practice with them at home prior to purchase.
Common devices or products that help make everyday activities easier include:
- High powered magnifiers, low vision reading glasses and telescopic devices
- Electronic video magnifiers and video eyewear
- Devices that can scan and read aloud printed materials
- Computers, tablets and smart phones
- High contrast and large number items such as telephones, watches and remote controls
- Talking clocks, timers and medical equipment
The Optical Shop
The Optical Shop has a variety of non-optical items available for purchase, such as:
- Large number watches
- Playing cards
- Check guides
- Low vision toys for children and more
Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The general public is always welcome.