Bamlanivimab, and casirivimab and imdevimab together, are COVID-19 neutralizing antibody treatment infusions.
Antibody treatment infusions are given to people who aren't in the hospital. They may help your body to better fight the virus, preventing you from getting sicker.
Some things to note about antibody treatments:
- Supplies are very limited. It will not be possible for everyone who becomes sick with COVID-19 to receive one of these treatments at this time
- These treatments are NOT available at our emergency departments or clinics
- If you meet the qualifications to receive one of these treatments, please ask your health care provider to submit you for consideration
Remdesivir and dexamethasone are currently offered to some hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
- Remdesivir is an anti-viral drug that slows the infection inside the body
- Dexamethasone is a steroid that reduces inflammation caused by the virus