What treatments are helping COVID-19 patients recover? What are the long-term effects of getting the virus? And what's it like to be on the front line, caring for the sick? Brian Boer, MD, one of our critical care specialists, answers those questions and more.
Link to specific questions:
- 0:54: Should we be worried about the high number of COVID-19 cases?
- 1:55: What is the current situation of resources for the hospital?
- 2:30: What symptoms are we seeing in patients diagnosed with COVID-19 who are hospitalized?
- 4:12: How can I help someone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms?
- 5:26: Are COVID-19 patients being treated with remdesivir?
- 7:33: What are ventilators? Why is it crucial for COVID-19 patients?
- 8:53: What are the lasting effects of being on a ventilator?
- 10:15: What is the demographic of patients with COVID-19?
- 11:41: How are health care professionals dealing with working in PPE constantly?
- 14:21: Will I get sicker if I wear a mask for a long period of time?
- 16:57: What is the difference from the doctor's experience with COVID-19 versus a normal citizens experience?
- 19:36: How do you feel when you see someone recover from COVID-19?