The extraordinary care that you received while hospitalized at Nebraska Medicine does not end after your operation. Our kidney transplant team will continue to monitor your progress and answer any questions that arise after you leave the hospital.
We recognize that receiving a kidney transplant is an overwhelming experience and represents a significant lifestyle change. You and your care team play a very important role in making your transplant a success.
Resources For Life After Your Transplant
The following resources will give you the basic information you need to live more successfully after your kidney transplant. Please review each document carefully, and go over any questions you have with your doctor and/or members of your transplant team.
- Congratulations on your transplant! This guide covers what you need to know about taking care of yourself, and serve as a reference guide for common questions.
- When to call the Transplant Center - This guide covers symptoms to watch out for and when you should call your doctor or the Transplant Center.
- Rejection - One of the complications you can develop after transplantation is rejection. This resource will help you understand what it is, how to prevent it, and how to treat it.
- Medications - Medications play an important role in your success after transplant. This resource serves as a guide in understanding some of the medications you will be taking.
- Infections - Due to anti-rejection medication you will be taking, you may be more prone to infection. This guide provides helpful information in preventing infections after your transplant surgery.
- Nutrition/Dehydration - This resource contains diet guidelines to help you to optimize your new kidney and prevent problems such as dehydration.
- Testing - This guide will help you better understand the lab tests you will have done after your kidney transplant.
- Living with your transplant - This guides covers several lifestyle 'Do's and Don'ts' for living successfully after your kidney transplant.
If you're reading this while considering calling us, or you're on the waiting list for a new organ, we strongly encourage you to learn about the benefits of finding a living donor. If you're a patient here, please ask your friends, family and loved ones to be tested. Start the process by filling out the form below:
- Información de la Oficina de Trasplante
- Vivir con su trasplante
Haga clic en el eulace para convertirse en un donatnte vivo de riñón.