Dusk to Dawn (D2D) is a hospital-based violence prevention program at Nebraska Medicine that exposes youth to the physical and emotional consequences of violence as the catalyst for discussion about values, emotions, problem solving and risk and protective factors. We work directly with the youth, law enforcement and community partners with the common goal of reducing violence among the youth of Omaha by encouraging safe behaviors and environments.
Begin the enrollment process or learn more by emailing D2D@nebraskamed.com.
Dusk to Dawn is a 2 ½ hour program which begins in the trauma bay where youth relive the final moments of one young man’s life as violence stole his life at the age of 20. Youth will see the drastic measures taken in attempt to save a life and the destruction violence places on victims, families and communities. A trained violence prevention specialist guides youth through exercises to build risk recognition and problem-solving skills. Youth will learn to recognize their values and emotions, and how their decisions affect their well being. Youth will leave D2D with a plan for protection from violence.
- Roberto's Story
- Help Sponsor a Youth by Making a Donation
- Contact us at D2D@nebraskamed.com
- Upcoming Program Dates
Parental Consent Forms
Resources for Families
Advice for Parents
Dusk to Dawn in the News
- Omaha World Herald - Street Outreach Workers Head to Hospitals to Help Victim's Families
- WOWT Channel 6 - Hospitals Working Together to Curbe Violence in the Metro
- KMTV Channel 3 - Health Systems Team Up with YouTurn to Stop Violence
- KETV Channel 7 - Trauma Hospitals and YouTurn Partners to Fight Gun Violence
- KPTM Fox 42 - Local Hospitals Team Up with YouTurn to Fight Against Gun Violence
- American Hospital Association
- KPTM Fox42 - Hospital-Based Program Working with At-Risk Youth
- Omaha World Herald - Anti-gang Program at Nebraska Medicine, UNMC Needed
- Omaha World Herald - 'Dusk to Dawn' program aims to prevent violence among youths
- Lincoln Journal Star - New Omaha Program Aims to Prevent Violence Among Teens
- KMTV Channel 3 - UNMC/Nebraska Medicine create program to curb youth violence
- WOWT News Channel 6 - Program Targets Youth Violence with a Graphic Look at the Consequences
- KIOS Omaha Public Radio - New Trauma-Based Youth Violence Prevention Program First of Its Kind in Omaha