Are You Considering a Natural Birth?
Midwives provide personal, low-tech, family-centered obstetrics care which focuses on health and wellness. All of the Nurse-Midwives at the Nebraska Medicine Olson Center are certified by the state of Nebraska and the American College of Nurse-Midwives. Nurse-Midwives work in a collaborative agreement with our obstetricians.
Allow our midwives to focus on delivering comprehensive, personalized care to you during one of the most memorable times of your life, and beyond. We provide:
- Healthy pregnancy counseling including nutrition and exercise
- Water therapy
- Natural pain relief
- Pain medication and/or epidural if needed
- VBAC and 2VBAC success
- Group prenatal care with 8-12 moms
- 10 sessions lasting 90-120 minutes long
- New groups forming every month
- Centering Pregnancy at the Olson Center information page
- Care of the mother after delivery, including 2 week and 6 week checkups
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Annual physical exams and pap smears
- Family planning and contraceptive counseling
- General gynecologic care and counseling
As part of Nebraska Medicine, our midwives have access to a wealth of specialists and resources if you need them:
Neonatologists, neonatal nurses, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists and other healthcare providers with specialized training are present to attend to any infant needs at the time of delivery. Our level 3 Newborn Intensive Care Unit is a high-tech system and lock-controlled units adds another layer of comfort and specialized care. Lactation consultants are available for all mothers.
Modern and beautiful labor suites offer space and privacy for families, and most rooms feature a jacuzzi tub. Bonding with your baby is important and the medical center offers rooming in with baby. We provide free Wi-Fi Internet access, open visitation for family members and 24 hour room services to women who have their baby at the medical center.
Before taking the baby home, a postpartum nurse will insure you and your family have received the information you need on caring for your baby and yourself. We also recognize your need for support when you get home. Postpartum depression counseling as well as breastfeeding support is available by setting up an appointment at 402.559.4500.