The Olson Wellness Exchange is a free membership club open to all women. Excellent medical care is important for staying healthy, as is helping women take an active role in disease prevention.
Many diseases are related to lifestyle. By taking time to incorporate health and wellness into a woman's life, some diseases may actually be prevented.
You O.W.E. it to yourself to join the Olson Wellness Exchange today.
Some benefits of an Olson Wellness Exchange membership are:
- Receive a package of health and wellness benefits designed especially for them.
- Discounts on Olson Center for Women's Health events.
- Monthly email (or mailing if email is not available) with current offerings and promotions from O.W.E. partners.
- Quarterly women's health newsletter on a variety of women's health issues.
- Bi-monthly educational flier on a specific woman's health issue.
Are you an Omaha company or small business who wants to be an O.W.E. Partner? Email Noelle at email@example.com for more information.
Recipe of the Month
One Pot Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Wellness Safety Tips
- Never drive your car with less than a ¼ tank of gas.
- Always leave to go to your car with your keys in your hand. They can be used as a weapon AND can also prevent you from the distraction of getting in your purse or bag while walking to your car.
- When you get in your car lock the doors and put your seat belt on.
- Never put your name and address on your key ring, if it is lost a potential criminal has your keys and could enter your house.
- Walk with others when possible, predators are less likely to press an attack if there is more than one.
- Always have emergency equipment in your car such as; flares, spare tire, fire extinguisher, jumper cables, and a working flashlight.
- Let someone know when you leave and when you expect to be home.
- When you get to your car try to look in the back seat and under the car before you get in, in case someone is waiting in ambush for you.
- Look for other vehicles that are parked close to yours. Be especially cautious of vans parked next to the driver's side of yours.
- If you drive a vehicle know how to change a flat tire. If you have a flat tire and you don't know how to change it you are very vulnerable.
- Stand and walk erect. Walk with confidence and determination.
- Look directly ahead. If someone approaches you look them in the eyes and be confident.
- Watch for someone that enters your "personal zone". If someone does, establish a good confident stance.
- Walk in well-lighted areas.
- After dark ask Security to give you an escort to your auto and have them wait until you get the car started.
Trust your intuition! If it doesn't seem right it, it probably isn't!