The Nebraska Medicine Colon and Rectal Surgery program offers comprehensive services to patients with benign and malignant diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. Our board-certified surgeons utilize a multidisciplinary, enhanced recovery care model and are experienced in the most advanced and up-to-date surgical techniques.
Conditions We Treat
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Anal cancer
- Anorectal disease including fissures, fistulas and hemorrhoids
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and diverticulitis
- Pelvic floor disorders including fecal incontinence, rectal prolapse and rectocele
Advanced Surgery Options
- Complex laparoscopic and robotic surgery
- Endoluminal surgery (TAMIS and TaTME)
- Advanced anorectal surgical techniques
- Sphincter preserving surgeries
- Reoperative abdomiopelvic surgery
State of the Art Comprehensive Care
Nebraska Medicine has comprehensive facilities that can manage care for patients with the most complex conditions. Premiere locations include: Lauritzen Outpatient Center and the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center.
Accreditations and Awards
Highly Ranked Care
We were recognized in U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals ranking as a high performing hospital in Colon Cancer Surgery in 2017 and 2018, as well as high performing in 2017 in Gasteroenterology & GI Surgery.