The Nebraska Medicine breast care team has one goal in mind, to provide patients and doctors in Nebraska and surrounding areas a resource for consultation and treatment of both benign and the most advanced malignant breast disease. Our primary objective is to offer leading edge, personalized breast care for all conditions at locations throughout the metro Omaha area.
Breast Conditions and Services
- Suspicious lumps
- Breast pain and benign breast conditions
- Fibrocystic disease
- Risk analysis/genetics
- Breast cancer diagnosis or second opinion services
- Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
- Lactation & Breast Feeding
- Mammography and women’s imaging (including 3D/digital mammography, ultrasound, bone density screening, biopsies, MRI, ductography, needle localizations)
Mammography & Women's Imaging Center
The Olson Women's Imaging Center includes a team of four radiologists and ten radiology technologists. All diagnostic and screening services are performed in the Olson Center. If necessary, immediate consultation with your doctor or surgeon for further care can be provided immediately giving patients no restless nights.
Diagnostic radiology is the process of creating images of the body, its organs, and other internal structures with external radiation. Diagnostic radiology techniques are generally non-invasive.
Our Screening and Diagnostic Services Include
- Digital mammography - screening and diagnostic
- DEXA - Bone Density Screening
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsies
- Ultrasound Biopsies
- Needle localizations
- Access to screening and diagnostic MRI
Accreditations and Awards
Nebraska Medicine is honored to be named to the 2017 edition of “100 hospitals and health systems with great women’s health programs” by Becker’s Hospital Review. The hospitals included on the list support award-winning programs in women’s health, breast cancer diagnosis and treatment, gynecology and women’s heart care. Nebraska Medicine is the only health care system in Nebraska to be included on the list.