Q: What do I need to do to participate in the Chronic Pain Management Program?
A: If your healthcare provider or case manager feels you are a candidate for the chronic pain management program, they will refer you for a pain program evaluation. If you are referring yourself, you will be asked for consent to review medical records that address diagnoses, past treatments and mental health history/therapies.
- After insurance is verified, we will call you to schedule your program evaluation
- After being evaluated, the program staff will decide as a team if you are a candidate for the program. If you are a candidate, your insurance will be checked again for coverage of the program. When we receive approval from your insurance carrier for the program, we will contact you to schedule an admission date
- Check here for guidelines
Q: Will my insurance cover the cost of the Chronic Pain Management Program?
A: Insurance is verified on an individual basis for each potential candidate. Quoted benefits are communicated at the time the evaluation is scheduled.
Q: If my insurance company does not authorize payment for the Chronic Pain Management Program, what can I do?
A: There are several choices for you if this is the case.
- You may ask to be referred to a Nebraska Medicine financial counselor who will work with you to seek assistance for some or all of the cost of the program
- You may elect to pay for the services yourself prior to joining the program
Q: What do I need to bring when I start treatment at the Chronic Pain Management Program?
A: Read what to bring for details and more information.
Q: I don’t live within commuting distance of Omaha. Is there a place I can stay?
A: Lodging is available at a local hotel. The Chronic Pain Management Program can cover your hotel costs if you have no other option to pay for your stay. Accommodations will be made by the admissions coordinator. For more information, call us at 402.559.4364.
Q: How do I get to the Chronic Pain Management Program?
A: Get directions to the Chronic Pain Management Program at Specialty Services Pavilion.