We offer unique pharmacy services specifically for our transplant patients. The medications involved with transplantation are very important, but they can be intimidating and confusing. That is why we have services and team members to help you and your family prepare, understand and feel comfortable with the medications associated with your transplant.
Pharmacy financial counselors are here to guide you during transplantation.
Our pharmacy financial counselors understand the pharmacy benefits processes. They will meet with you during your transplant evaluation to discuss insurance coverage and benefits. They can also help you understand the potential medications and their costs, and answer questions or concerns you and your family may have. Our counselors will remain a resource for you during the transplant journey and even after transplantation. Their expertise provides a unique, individualized service that cannot be duplicated by any other facility.
Our counselors can provide:
- Verification of known insurance coverage
- Communication regarding available pharmacy benefits
- Knowledge of the many aspects of Medicare
- Access to the patient assistance fund for medication to those who qualify
- Collaborative effort and direct contact with our pharmacy
- Availability to help with questions and concerns from the time of your evaluation to long after you return home
Please bring a copy of your medication list, insurance cards and financial documentation to your transplant evaluation and meeting with your transplant pharmacy financial counselor.
Liver and Intestine
Kidney and Pancreas
Heart, Blood and Marrow
Pharmacy at Durham Outpatient Center
Our pharmacy is conveniently located on the second floor of the Durham Outpatient Center. The pharmacy routinely has transplant-specific medication available and our pharmacists can help answer any questions regarding your transplant medications.
- Works with over 300 different insurance plans
- Works in close collaboration with the transplant pharmacy financial counselors
- Fast and polite service
- Pharmacists are available to answer questions about your prescribed medications
- Carries transplant-specific medications
- Medicare B certified for billing of immunosuppressants
We can mail your medication.
If you do not live near our pharmacy, you can request to have your transplant medications mailed to your home. Contact us to see if you are eligible and for more information on this service.
Monday through Friday
7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and holidays
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Refill requests can be made by emailing email@example.com