For pediatric transplants: The Lane Thomas Foundation
The Lane Thomas Foundation was founded to give honor and light to the life of Lane Thomas Graves. The foundation provides financial support for non-medical expenses to families with children in need of life-saving transplants.
The Lane Thomas foundation supports the following types of pediatric transplants:
- Bone Marrow/Stem Cell
To qualify for support, the following criteria must be met:
- Child has not yet reached their 18th birthday
- Child must be actively listed for, or has undergone, transplantation at Children's Hospital Medical Center of Nebraska Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska
- Family is able to demonstrate financial need directly related to the transplant
All income levels are considered.
Types of support may include:
- Incremental expenses such as transportation, meals and lodging
- At-risk expenses such as mortgage or rent, car payment, utilities or cell phone if there is a documented loss of income directly related to the transplant
If your family is interested in applying for assistance with the Lane Thomas Foundation, please talk to your transplant financial counselor or social worker.