- The Nebraska Medical Center has rated nationally for neurology and neurosurgery in the 2012 and 2014 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals ranking.
- We've also been recognized as a High Performing Hospital in neurology and neurosurgery in 2011, 2013, 2017, 2018 and 2019-2020 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals ranking.
Our efforts in neurological treatment and research have been recognized by numerous organizations:
- Certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission (TJC), in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Brain Attack Coalition — the highest level of stroke certification available.
- Nebraska Medicine/UNMC was designated as a Huntington’s Center of Excellence by the Huntington's Disease Society of America (HDSA) - one of only 29 in the nation, and the only one in the state
- Nebraska Medicine/UNMC was awarded The American Heart Association and the American Stroke Gold Plus status for the Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Performance Achievement
- National Association of Epilepsy first hospital in the state qualifying as a Level 4 (highest) designation
- Certified Center of Excellence for Multiple Sclerosis program
- Certified Center of Excellence for the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Program
- Spine Program Center of Excellence designation by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska