Nebraska Medicine is ranked among the nation’s best. Each year, U.S. News and World Report surveys roughly 5,000 hospitals in America to come up with the year’s list of Best Hospitals. Just three percent of the hospitals analyzed for Best Hospitals earned national ranking in even one specialty. We are proud of our recent recognitions:
- Ranked nationally for neurology and neurosurgery in the 2012 and 2014 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals ranking.
- Recognized as a high-performing hospital in neurology and neurosurgery in 2011, 2013, 2017 and 2018 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals ranking.
Our efforts in neurological treatment and research have been recognized by numerous organizations:
- Certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission (TJC), in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Brain Attack Coalition — the highest level of stroke certification available.
- Nebraska Medicine/UNMC was designated as a Huntington’s Center of Excellence by the Huntington's Disease Society of America (HDSA) - one of only 29 in the nation, and the only one in the state
- Nebraska Medicine/UNMC was awarded The American Heart Association and the American Stroke Gold Plus status for the Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Performance Achievement
- National Association of Epilepsy first hospital in the state qualifying as a Level 4 (highest) designation
- Certified Center of Excellence for Multiple Sclerosis program
- Certified Center of Excellence for the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Program
- Spine Program Center of Excellence designation by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska