To become a volunteer, you must successfully complete:
- General Volunteer Orientation
- A health screen that includes
- Drug screen
- TB testing
- Proof of immunizations
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination per CDC guidelines
- Obtain a photo identification badge
- Criminal background check
- Placement interview
- Select service area and establish volunteer schedule
- Attend training in service area
General Volunteer Orientation
Orientation is the first required step for all new volunteers.
Prior to the volunteer orientation, a packet with application paperwork will be mailed to you. Bring the completed paperwork with you to the orientation. During the meeting you will learn how to complete the next required steps of all volunteer candidates.
The volunteer application and orientation process can take four to six weeks to complete. New Volunteer Orientation is held in the Volunteer Services office, located on level one of Clarkson Tower. Orientation meetings are offered at various times each month.