The UNMC/Nebraska Medicine Community Wellness Collaborative provides a welcoming space for connecting and collaborating with the community for the purpose of promoting health equity and an inclusive and diverse health workforce.
To achieve the highest levels of health equity and community wellness through quality relationships and built capacity.
- Collaborative, dynamic teams: Reciprocal sharing of resources and actions to achieve a common goal.
- Mutual respect: Sustain high regard and consideration to foster esteem in all.
- Capacity building approach: Develop community knowledge, skills, commitment, structures, systems and leadership assets.
- Open communication: Provide a warm, inviting, and comfortable atmosphere where ideas are shared.
- Altruistic diversity: Share compassion and gratitude in diverse ways to the diverse community we serve.
- Inclusivity: Always have a space where each person can bring their authentic self and have a seat at the table.
- Sincere honesty: Always tell the truth and foster transparency without coercion or undue influence.
- Courageous innovation: Drive change through fearless decision making and continuous creative thinking using a diversity and equity lens.
- Expanding health care access
- Developing career pathways