Infectious diseases expert Kelly Cawcutt, MD, answers questions and dispels myths about the coronavirus in this 19-minute video. Nebraska Medicine/UNMC has led the way in caring for people with COVID-19 in the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit and National Quarantine Unit. Fifteen people were transported here for monitoring and UNMC launched the first clinical trial of a drug to treat COVID-19.
Quick links to specific questions:
- 0:28 - What is COVID-19?
- 1:48 - What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- 2:27 - Who seems to be most at risk of catching COVID-19?
- 3:15 - How is COVID-19 caught?
- 4:15 - What are the most effective measures people can take to protect themselves?
- 6:00 - How are people with COVID-19 being treated?
- 7:06 - How does COVID-19 compare to the flu?
- 8:10 - Should everyone be getting tested? What should you do if you think you are sick? Dr. Cawcutt expands on her answer at 17:00 as well.
- 10:00 - How does our staff remain safe as well as make sure the virus is not transmitted by people quarantined in our center?
- 12:15 - Should you still go on your trip?
- 14:00 - What do we know about pregnancy and COVID-19? (An updated answer is available on this page.)
- 14:55 - Can pets get COVID-19?
- 15:45 - Where can you find reliable information related to COVID-19?