"When we try to cheat nature, we usually cheat ourselves."
That's cardiologist Daniel Anderson, MD, PhD, explaining that even calorie-free diet soda isn't completely innocent.
Watch Dr. Anderson answer how everything from diet soda and regular soda to wine and energy drinks can affect your heart.
Quick links to specific questions:
- Does drinking sugary drinks affect your heart?
- Can eating sugary food or drinks become a habit?
- What about the sugar in wine?
- Do artificial sweeteners affect your heart? What does the research show?
- What are some of the other negatives with soda, besides the sugar/artificial sweeteners?
- How much soda is too much? Can you get away with drinking more sodas if they’re diet?
- Are energy drinks bad for you?
Call 800.922.0000 and we'll get you set up with a heart and vascular appointment.