COVID-19 is leaving us feeling more anxious and stressed. Psychiatrist Lauren Edwards, MD, sits with us to answer questions about anxiety and COVID-19. How can I talk to my children about anxiety without scaring them? Is it normal to feel depressed or anxious right now?
Links to specific questions:
- 0:45: What is anxiety? How will someone know if they have it?
- 1:40: Can anxiety be a positive thing?
- 3:22: What advice do you have for people experiencing anxiety?
- 5:38: How do I help my children feel safe but not terrified about COVID-19?
- 7:40: Is it normal for anyone to experience feelings of depression or anxiety right now?
- 8:59: How do I muster up the courage to confront someone not following safety guidelines?
- 11:01: When should someone ask for help?
- 13:03: How can telehealth help me talk to someone if I'm feeling anxious?
- 14:28: Has the stigma around talking about mental health shifted?
- 16:09: What are some healthy ways to cope with anxiety?
- 19:20: Closing remarks