Welcome and thank you for considering Nebraska Medicine.
We have a rich history of providing exceptional patient care combined with innovative research and education. As an academic medical center in the United States, we are proud to serve our region and attract patients from all over the world. Our mission is to lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future through premier education, innovative research and extraordinary care.
This website will provide important information that will help you begin to get to know us. We have included useful links to information about Nebraska Medicine and life in the Omaha metropolitan area. The quality of life that you can experience here is truly exceptional. We are confident that the more you learn about us, the more you will see that Nebraska Medicine is a great place to build your career while transforming health care.
Thank you for your interest in Nebraska Medicine. We invite you to browse our website to learn more about who we are and the excellent physicians and staff that make Nebraska Medicine their professional home. Contact information for our office is listed below.
James Linder, MD
Chief Executive Officer
Bradley Britigan, MD
Dean, University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Medicine
Harris A. Frankel, MD
Chief Medical Officer and Chief Compliance Officer
Nebraska Medicine offers physicians exceptional career opportunities.
Want to talk to someone first? Explore the opportunities for Nebraska Medicine physicians by contacting us at 402.559.5495 or via email email@example.com.
Why join more than 1,000 physicians?
As the leading academic health system in the region, Nebraska Medicine and University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) have built a worldwide reputation for premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
Extraordinary patient care
- Nebraska Medicine provides care to patients in two hospitals and more than three dozen ambulatory clinics. See a list of our locations
- The Nebraska Medicine Biocontainment Unit is one of three units in the United States treating patients with COVID-19, Ebola and other infectious diseases
- The region’s only 24/7 nationally certified Level 1 Trauma Center and the state’s largest hospital
- Awarded best in state by U.S. News & World Report for several years, one of the 100 greatest hospitals in America by Becker's Hospital Review and included in Forbes best in state employers. Also recognized by the Human Right's Campaign as an "LGBTQ Health Care Equality Leader”
Premier educational programs
- Nebraska Medicine is the primary research and education partner of the University of Nebraska Medical Center. We offer our patients access to the state’s physician educators, the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research trials and comprehensive care. Many of our physicians offer lifesaving treatments and services not found elsewhere in the Midwest
- In the most recent ranking of graduate schools by U.S. News & World Report, the University of Nebraska Medical Center Primary Care Program ranked 6th of 170 medical schools
- Nearly half of all practicing physicians in the state of Nebraska were trained at UNMC
- International reputation for treatment, training and quarantine methods for COVID-19
- In 2020-2021, the University of Nebraska Medical Center received more than $174.2 million in research grants. We house more than 1 million square feet of laboratory space on campus for research
- The University of Nebraska Medical Center is the professional and scientific home of researchers who work at the forefront of fields such as transplant medicine, cancer, neurodevelopment and genomics
An inviting city
- Currently the 42nd largest city in the United States, the Omaha metropolitan area is home to over 925,000 people who welcome visitors with open arms and authentic Midwestern Hospitality
- Ranked 7th by Forbes magazine in its list of Best Cities to Raise a Family
- Named as one of the best cities to live in by U.S. News & World Report