Physician Career Opportunities
Nebraska Medicine Offers Physicians and Faculty Exceptional Career Opportunities
Welcome and thank you for considering Nebraska Medicine. We have a rich history of providing exceptional patient care combined with innovative research and education. As an academic medical center in the United States, we are proud to serve our region and attract patients from all over the world. Our goal is to lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future through premier education, innovative research and extraordinary care.
This website will provide important information that will help you begin to get to know us. We have included useful links to information about Nebraska Medicine and life in the Omaha metropolitan area. The quality of life that you can experience here is truly exceptional. We are confident that the more you learn about us, the more you will see that Nebraska Medicine is a great place to build your career while transforming health care .
Thank you for your interest in Nebraska Medicine. We invite you to browse our website to learn more about who we are and the excellent physicians and staff that make Nebraska Medicine their professional home. Contact information for our office is listed below.
James Linder, MD, chief executive officer, Nebraska Medicine
Bradley Britigan, MD, dean, UNMC College of Medicine
Harris Frankel, MD, senior vice president and chief medical officer, Nebraska Medicine
As the leading academic health system in the region, Nebraska Medicine has built a worldwide reputation for premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
Nebraska Medicine provides care to patients in two hospitals (Nebraska Medical Center and Bellevue Medical Center) and more than three dozen ambulatory clinics around the Omaha metropolitan area. Annually, Nebraska Medicine admits more than 32,000 patients and experiences nearly 430,000 outpatient visits.
Nebraska Medicine is the primary educational partner of the University of Nebraska Medical Center. We offer our patients access to the state’s physician educators, the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research trials and comprehensive care. Many of our physicians offer lifesaving treatments and services not found elsewhere in the Midwest.
Our system is in the midst of unparalleled growth, with the construction of the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center, the Lauritzen Outpatient Center, Fritch Surgery Center and several new outpatient surgery and outpatient clinic expansions.
U.S. News & World Report named Nebraska Medicine as the “#1 Best Hospital” in Nebraska for multiple years. Our physicians manage care of patients with all types of conditions, from simple to complex.
We are dedicated to recruiting and retaining outstanding physicians who are committed to educating our future clinicians, conducting cutting-edge research and providing the highest level of patient care. Nebraska Medicine offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Explore the opportunities for physicians at Nebraska Medicine by contacting us at 402.559.5495 or via email email@example.com.
Why Join More than 1,000 Physicians?
We Provide Extraordinary Patient Care.
- Nebraska Medicine has been first in Nebraska to perform ground-breaking procedures such as kidney dialysis and organ transplantation
- The Nebraska Medicine Biocontainment Unit is one of three units in the United States treating patients with COVID-19, Ebola and other infectious diseases
- The Nebraska Medical Center is the region’s only 24/7 nationally certified Level 1 Trauma Center
- We treat patients at more than 15 primary care clinics and 65 specialty care clinics. See a list of our locations
We Educate the World.
- In the most recent ranking of graduate schools by U.S. News & World Report, the University of Nebraska Medical Center Primary Care Program ranked 17th of 170 medical schools
- Nearly half of all practicing physicians in the state of Nebraska were trained at the University of Nebraska Medical Center
We are a Research Leader.
- In 2016-2017, Nebraska Medicine received more than $117.1 million in research grants. We house more than 1 million square feet of laboratory space on campus for research
- The University of Nebraska Medical Center is the professional and scientific home of researchers who work at the forefront of fields such as transplant medicine, cancer, neurodevelopment and genomics
We are Located in a Fantastic City.
- Currently the 42nd largest city in the United States, the Omaha metropolitan area is home to over 925,000 people who welcome visitors with open arms and authentic Midwestern Hospitality
- Ranked 7th by Forbes magazine in its list of Best Cities to Raise a Family
- Named as Money Magazine’s Best City in the Midwest