I love the diversity that Nebraska Medicine offers. It's the culture and experience. You feel like you belong.
Are you a compassionate person who wants to help people get and stay healthy?
Do you pine for a job that offers steady hours and fresh challenges every day?
Then join the team at Nebraska Medicine as a medical assistant
- Prep for and assist with procedures
- Draw blood, provide immunizations and related tasks
- Serve as an integral member of the medical team
- Manage patient flow
- Enjoy the job security of a health care position while receiving great benefits. See what types of benefits we offer.
We offer a lot of part-time and full-time medical assistant positions, and can accommodate many schedules.
Hear what being a medical assistant is like from people who do the job every day
During this 45-minute virtual meeting on May 27, 2020, three medical assistants shared what their jobs were like, and why they chose Nebraska Medicine.
Click on the links below or you can watch the full video from the beginning.
- Alexandra Selig works at the Neurosciences Center Clinic and started nearly 10 months ago.
- Amanda Gekas from the Lauritzen Outpatient Center Dermatology Clinic has been with us two years.
- Chaz Barboza at the Chalco Clinic has been with us 13 years.
- Then you can hear from three clinic managers talk about what they look for when hiring a medical assistant.
While the specific positions mentioned in this video might no longer be available, we’re always looking for new, talented medical assistants for current openings.
Even during the COVID-19 era, Nebraska Medicine keeps growing, and with us, your opportunities will grow too. Our affiliation with the University of Nebraska Medical Center and Clarkson College create access to educators and programs you can learn from while working. Ask about our job shadow and tuition reimbursement programs to see how we can support your career goals.