Patient Friendly Billing
Recent efforts at Nebraska Medicine have made the new billing process easier to understand. Current patients and those new to our system may wish to review the following information to understand how insurance works with our system and what to expect after being treated in our facilities. If after reviewing these pages you have additional questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us.
- Before Treatment
Before receiving treatment at Nebraska Medicine there are a few steps patients may want to complete in order to make their experience more satisfying. This section of the website includes information about:
- Medicare secondary payer questionnaire
- After Treatment
This section of the medical center’s website addresses correspondences that may be sent to a patient after they have received treatment at Nebraska Medicine. Details are provided to help patients understand basic information about:
- Expected statements
- Understanding insurance company’s explanation of benefits
- Understanding patient liability statement
- Scheduling an appointment with a Patient Financial Counselor
- Understanding laboratory statements
- Instructions for patients with insurance coverage
- Instructions for patients with no insurance coverage
- Payment options
- Financial assistance opportunities
- Participating Insurance Plans
In order to serve patient needs, Nebraska Medicine participates in many insurance plans and networks. It is each patient’s responsibility to ensure their insurance will cover treatment at the medical center. This section of the website gives detailed information plans which cover general services and has a link to specific information regarding transplants.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Navigating and understanding benefit statements and bills from the hospital and physicians can require assistance. This section of our website helps to identify answers to the most common questions that Patient Financial Counselors at Nebraska Medicine are asked such as:
- What is a copay?
- What is a deductible?
- How much does a service cost?
- When will I get my bill?
- How are my payments applied?