Nebraska Medicine will pay for your coursework and your books!
Medical assistants work in a variety of clinics across Nebraska Medicine and are responsible for bringing patients into exam rooms, taking vitals and giving injections. MAs are an integral part of our team and have an opportunity to interact with a variety of patients and health care providers. They should demonstrate our organizational values: innovation, teamwork, accountability, excellence, courage and healing.
Nebraska Medicine will select students to sponsor throughout a one-year medical assisting program at Metropolitan Community College. As part of the program, each student will receive:
- Paid tuition for 86-credit program ($6,200 value)
- Up to $400 for books and $100 for supplies
- Coordination of required externship at Nebraska Medicine during fourth and final semester of program
- Employment after program completion as a medical assistant
- Nov. 1 through Feb. 15: Applications accepted
- April: Students selected for sponsorship program
- August: Classes start at Metro Community College
If you want to speak with someone about the program, email Alexa Armstrong at aarmstrong@NebraskaMed.com with your contact information so she can discuss the details with you, or you can apply now for the program.