Nebraska Medicine is home to one of the most reputable and well-known organ transplant programs in the country. Through our dedicated efforts in education, research and clinical medicine, we have helped shape the field of transplantation. The world-class reputation of our programs and physicians attracts patients from across the country and around the world.
Heart Transplant Program Highlights:
- Only medical center in the region with both Medicare designated heart transplantation and an integrated Joint Commission certified heart failure program
- Innovative mechanical Ventricular Assist Device support program
- Experienced multidisciplinary team and comprehensive program
- Individualized medical and surgical treatments for heart failure
- Continual communication and education provided to patients and families regarding all aspects of medical care prior to and after transplantation
- One-year survival rates that exceed national averages