Your Medical Records
Getting your medical records
Ensuring the confidentiality of your medical records is a high priority for the Release of Information department at Nebraska Medicine.
The Release of Information staff is available to help make the process of obtaining or sending your medical records as easy as possible.
Follow the steps below.
Call 402-559-4024 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for help.
At other times, please leave a voicemail.
Messages will be returned within 24 hours during the week.
On weekends and holidays we return messages the next business day.
Authorizations are valid for 12 months from the date of signing if no expiration date or identifiable event related to the individual is listed.
The authorization must be completely filled out. Failure to do so may delay the release of your medical information. Incomplete or partially completed requests cannot be processed and will be returned for complete information.
If requesting medical records for someone else, you must include:
- Proof of legal authority to act on behalf of the patient.
- Legal proof includes guardianship papers, power of attorney papers, personal representative papers and other legal documents.
- Signature of the patient’s representative and date
- Relationship of representative to the patient
2. Mention if you want us to tell you ahead of time how much you'll owe. We charge $.50 per page up to $25. Then it's $.25 a page. We will waive the fee if the Release of Information department sends the records directly to the health care provider's office.
2. Submit the complete forms by mail or fax.
Health Information Management– Release of Information
10304 Crown Point Ave
Omaha, NE, 68134
Fax: Attention HIM– Release of Information - Nebraska Medicine | Fax 402-559-6200
3. Expect to wait a minimum of 72 hours or three business days after the written request is received.
Please allow an additional 7 to 10 days delivery time for records sent by mail. Requests for records created prior to 1999 may take longer to process.