Pre-Surgical Screening services are provided by a team of professional registered nurses overseen by the Clinical Services coordinator and supported by clerical associates.
To ensure each patient is given safe and quality patient care, the following elements will be addressed either by phone or an in-person interview:
- Contact of the patient to complete the pre-operative health history
- Provision of pre-operative teaching and education
- Referral to proper authority such as Social Work and home health agencies
- Completion of all applicable documentation
- Support of the continuum of care by contributing to the Nursing Plan of Care and Discharge Planning process
- Initiation of the medical record for the planned visit
- Coordination of retrieval of old medical records and Advance Directives
- Initiation of the medical record and retrieval and initiation of Advance Directives
- Coordination with pre-anesthesia services
- Retrieval and review of pre-operative diagnostic test results as applicable
- Receipt and initiation of physicians orders as appropriate
This program is also staffed with personnel who provide clerical and registration support.
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
When calling Pre-Surgical Screening for assistance please have the following information available:
- Surgical/procedure date
- Patient name
- Medical record number (if available)
- Date of birth
- Physician name (admitting, attending, referring and consulting)
- Surgical procedure
- Isolation needs
- Special instructions