The Life Renewal Center
Renewing confidence and esteem during and after cancer treatment
The Life Renewal Center offers patients services to help adjust to the physical and emotional changes they experience due to chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery. In the same location cancer treatment is offered, massage therapy, wig fitting, yoga, education, skin care products and gifts such as inspirational cards and reading materials are also available.
Located inside the Village Pointe Cancer Center, the Life Renewal Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 800-922-000 to inquire about any of the following services.
- MASSAGE THERAPY
- Massage is used to relieve stress and pain sometimes caused by cancer treatments. Appointments for massage are available to cancer patients, caregivers and families.
- WIG AND PROSTHEIC FITTING
- Wigs and prosthetics can help patients feel dignified and comfortable to continue with daily routines. Fitting appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call to make an appointment.
Patients, their family and friends may enroll in yoga classes held in the Life Renewal Center’s conference space. Yoga sessions are currently being offered on Monday from 4:15 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Thursday from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The first class is free. Drop-in classes are $15. Six weeks of classes is $72. Registration is required.
- Studies have shown that meditation can help reduce stress and increase focus. Patients may experience less of a reaction to pain when engaging in meditation therapy. Meditation classes are held Tuesdays from 6 to 7 p.m. and are open to cancer patients, caregivers, family and staff. Registration is required.
- EDUCATIONAL SESSIONS
- A variety of support groups and educational sessions are held in the conference space.
- SKIN CARE PRODUCTS
- Chemotherapy drugs and radiation treatment may result in dry skin. Treatments and special lotions can restore comfort and cancer patients can feel more like their normal selves.
- GIFT SHOP AND STARBUCKS COFFEE
A variety of items such as candy, sundries, greeting cards, hats, t-shirts are available for purchase. Starbucks coffee drinks are also sold at the Life Renewal Center. Proceeds of sales go to help fund the programs at the Life Renewal Center.
Gift shop hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Make an Appointment