Once a written referral is received in the Cardiac Rehab department, the Cardiac Rehab staff assistant will process insurance pre-authorization or proceed with insurance verification. The client will then receive information regarding any financial obligation. Financial counseling services can also be provided prior to enrollment.
Information regarding orientation will be mailed to each patient prior to their initial appointment. In addition, patients will be asked to complete some paperwork and bring it when they come to the first session. The office assistant will contact the patient to schedule the initial orientation session, discuss class times and pre-register the patient into the program.
During the first visit to Outpatient Cardiac Rehab, patients can expect to receive the following:
- An evaluation by a Cardiac Rehab Registered Nurse Case Manager
- A thorough history and physical completed by the Case Manager
- A tour of the facility
- A demonstration on how to apply the heart monitor
- Diabetic testing (if needed)
- An evaluation by the Cardiac Rehab Exercise Physiologist
- An exercise evaluation
- A demonstration on exercise equipment use
Patients are requested to allow 2-3 hours for the initial orientation.