Liver cancers are very common and also very challenging to treat. Innovative treatment options lead to early staging and positive outcomes for patients with both primary and metastatic cancers. In some cases, liver transplantation can be an option for treatment.
For some patients with carcinoid tumors there is a revolutionary surgery available at The Nebraska Medical Center which takes advantage of the liver’s ability to regenerate. at the medical center's Carcinoid Clinic, patients meet doctors with a variety of specialties during their visit. This gives the patient input from both the surgical and internal medicine and medical oncology perspectives. The carcinoid clinic operates the last Friday of each month.
The medical center is also home to an internationally known liver and intestinal transplant program and the UNMC Eppley Cancer Center. The Eppley Cancer Center is recognized by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and is a founding member institution of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN).
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) Designation
- Accreditation of Radiation Oncology by American College of Radiology (ACR)
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Magnet Status awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Oncology Certified Nurses
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska, Blue Distinction Center for Complex and Rare Cancers
Call 800-922-0000 to make an appointment with a liver cancer specialist. For clinic location and hours use the Find a Physician link.
Topics in this article include:
- Types of liver tumors
- Symptoms of hepatoma
- Signs of metastic liver cancer
- Diagnosing liver tumors
- Stages of liver cancer
Make an Appointment