If you're visiting this page, you're special.
We’re looking for extraordinary nurses, radiology technologists, CT technologists, cardio/vascular sonographers, surgical technologists and respiratory therapists to join our team – and we already know that you have what it takes. We were sorry to see you go, and we encourage you to read about some of the big changes and improvements we’ve made, and to consider re-applying and coming home to Nebraska Medicine.
Here's what we're offering if you return:
If you left the organization in good standing between July 1, 2019 and December 15, 2022, and accept a role in one of the eligible departments by March 31, 2023 you will receive*:
- $15,000 sign-on bonus for staff nurses/staff nurse leads in medical-surgical units
- $10,000 sign-on bonus for other eligible departments and positions
- Reinstated years of service with Nebraska Medicine, which impact PTO accrual, parking seniority, retirement contribution and match (if returning within a year), and other benefits
- 40 hours of PTO available upon start
- Three new sets of scrubs
- Tuition reimbursement and an enhanced student loan repayment program
* These benefits apply to full-time employees. They may be pro-rated for part-time employees.
Recent News and Updates
Nebraska Medicine has:
- Convenient locations throughout the Omaha metro, including two hospitals in Omaha and Bellevue
- Been named to Forbes’ list of Best in State Employers four years running
- Developed the office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion including hiring our first ever Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer and expanding internal and external DEI efforts
- Been recognized as a top performer by the Human Rights Campaign, America’s largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Americans
- Expanded the number of Employee Resource Groups from two to 10, providing enhanced support and resources for colleagues of all identities
In the nursing field, we have:
- Maintained our Magnet designation for excellence in nursing quality
- Introduced a Nursing Professional Governance Structure, providing nurses with a voice and sense of ownership of the practice of nursing at Nebraska Medicine
- Implemented the “CNO for a Day” shadowing program, allowing select nurses to get a firsthand look at the role and responsibilities of our Chief Nursing Officer
- Implemented three pillars of the RAISE program, providing pay increases for nurses based on certification, specialty and education
A full list of benefits everyone receives is available here also: https://www.nebraskamed.com/careers/working-here/total-rewards.
Ready to apply?
Intrigued but you’d like to talk with someone first?
Our Recruiting team would love to hear from you! If you have questions or would like help finding an eligible open role, please take a moment to fill out the form below and we’ll contact you.