Nebraska Medicine would like to assist you in keeping your lifestyle as normal as possible during your hospital stay. One of the ways we help achieve that is by providing patients with high-speed Internet access. Wireless Internet connection is available in several locations on campus, including patient areas. If you have technical questions, please contact the IT Help Desk at 402.559.7700, option 2. Individuals using the wireless network are subject to having all of their activities monitored and recorded by systems personnel. Nebraska Medicine reserves the right to revoke and deny access, without warning, in the event that abuse of policy is detected.
Internet users have several responsibilities during their time online at Nebraska Medicine, including:
- Responsible use of resources
- Refraining from illegal or unethical Internet use
- Respect of copyright laws by making only authorized copies of copyrighted materials
- Refraining from altering hospital-owned equipment and software
- Accurately represent self by access code, password and/or signature as appropriate
- Acknowledgement that email is not confidential and may be read by others
- Acknowledgement that Internet use is a privilege
- Refraining from use of Peer-to-Peer (P2P) software products, which are restricted by the hospital
In rare situations where problems occur, unlawful activities will be referred to the appropriate legal authorities. The hospital is not responsible for any damages – direct or indirect – or any liabilities that may arise from a customer’s Internet use.
Nebraska Medicine posts regular updates on hospital events, support groups and medical advances online. Links to follow us are:
Home page – NebraskaMed.com
Facebook – facebook.com/NebraskaMed
Twitter – twitter.com/NebraskaMed
YouTube – youtube.com/user/NebraskaMedCenter
Patient rooms equipped with a color television are able to receive cable or internet protocol (IPTV) programming. Conversion devices can be attached to television sets in patient room for closed-captioned viewing for the hearing impaired. Please contact your nurse if you need this service.