The antimicrobial surgical prophylaxis protocol establishes evidence-based standards for surgical prophylaxis at Nebraska Medicine. The protocol was adapted from the recently published consensus guidelines from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA), and the Surgical Infection Society (SIS) and customized to TNMC with the input of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program in concert with the various surgical groups at the institution. The protocol established here-in will be implemented via standard order sets utilized within One Chart. Routine surgical prophylaxis and current and future surgical order sets are expected to conform to this guidance.
- ASHP Clinical Practice Guideline for Antimicrobial Prophylaxis in Surgery
- Open Fracture Prophylaxis Protocol
- Antimicrobial Guidance for Surgical Procedures
- Adult Solid Organ Transplant Antimicrobial Surgical Prophylaxis
- Intra-operative Redosing Reminders Introduced
- Pediatric Solid Organ Transplant Antimicrobial Surgical Prophylaxis