The Antimicrobial Stewardship Program at Nebraska Medicine has created a mobile app that puts the program’s clinical guidelines, protocols, and dosing adjustments for antimicrobial use into a clinician's hands.
"The app is aimed at any treating clinician -- physicians, nurse practitioners, PAs -- and it's designed to take what's on our website and put it on a handheld device in an easy-to-use format," said Trevor VanSchooneveld, M.D., assistant professor of infectious diseases and medical director of Nebraska Medice’s Antimicrobial Stewardship Program.
"Rather than having to jump on a computer and find a website, which may not be optimized for device viewing, this optimizes it for the smaller devices," he said. "It also allows clinicians to view the data offline."
The app is available free of charge.
People are using devices to access so much more data," said Dr. VanSchooneveld. "It used to be everybody went to the computer, but with the rise of handheld devices and tablets, people want an even easier, more convenient way to access clinical guidance." The department worked with Agile MD, a platform for creating, organizing, and distributing clinical knowledge.
The app is available to anyone, but only local institutional users can access the local antibiograms. Follow the instructions below to obtain the app.
Get the app
Register for access to the Nebraska ASP Antimicrobial Guidebook on AgileMD using this link.
- If you already have an AgileMD account, please sign in using the email address and password form on this page.
- If you don't have an AgileMD account, enter your email address and a new password, and an account will be created for you.
Access the AgileMD app.
- iPhone/iPads: Click this link from your device to download the AgileMD app from the Apple App store.
- Android smartphones and tablets: Click this link from your device to download the AgileMD app from the Google Play store:
- Web: Click this link to access the antimicrobial guidebook from a laptop or desktop computer.
Login using the account email address and password you created in Step 1 above.