Nebraska Medicine will pay for your coursework and your books!
Each semester, Nebraska Medicine will select 10 students to sponsor throughout a one-year medical assisting program at Metropolitan Community College. As part of the program, each student will receive:
- Paid tuition for 86-credit program ($6,200 value)
- Money for books ($400 value)
- Employment during the program in a variety of entry-level roles including medical receptionist, patient attendant, patient care technician (CNA), pharmacy technician, environmental or food services
- Coordination of required externship during fourth and final semester of program
- Full-time employment after program completion as a medical assistant
Medical assistants work in a variety of clinics across Nebraska Medicine and are responsible for escorting patients to exam rooms, taking vitals and giving injections. MAs are an integral part of our team and have an opportunity to interact with a variety of patients and health care providers. They should demonstrate our organizational values: innovation, teamwork, accountability, excellence, courage and healing.